frequently asked questions
For your convenience DolEx have an extensive network of company managed locations “Branches” as well as a large “Independent Agent network.”
To locate a DolEx branch near you, please visit our Branch locator at DolEx.com/branches
To find a DolEx agent near you, please call our Customer Service team at 1-800-892-0210
DolEx currently offers money international money transfer service to the following countries:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- United States
In addition, DolEx also offers domestic money transfer service for more details please click here
- Full name (as shown on their government-issued I.D.)
- Complete address
- Telephone number
- Sender details including:
- Destination country
- Payout correspondent
- Full name (as shown on their local government-issued I.D.)
- Complete address
- Telephone number
There is no limit to the amount you can send. However, in some cases, it may be necessary to provide additional information including an I.D. and other required documentation, including the source of funds that will help us ensure a safe and secure transfer as well as to comply with compliance regulations.
DolEx offers some of the most competitive pricing in the industry; however, the fees vary depending on different factors, such as the amount to send, the destination, the payer, and the delivery method.
The money transfer service fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Recipients will be paid out in either local currency or U.S. dollars (when options available). For detailed information of your destination country and Correspondent, please contact our Customer Service team at 1-800-892-0210
The domestic money transfer service fees and payout currency is U.S. dollars in all cases.
- Cash pickup. Your recipient may pick up the money at one of our 125,000 payment locations in more than 20 countries. All they need is a valid local government-issued photo I.D., and in some states, the transaction number (CLAVE/FOLIO) provided to the sender at the moment of the transaction. You can find this number on your receipt.
- Bank deposit. For your recipient to get the money via a bank deposit, you will need to know your recipient’s bank and corresponding account number. The funds will be available in the recipient’s bank account in 15 minutes or less. Senders must ensure that the account number belongs to their recipient. Once the funds are deposited into the bank account, most likely we won’t be able to cancel the transaction and recover the funds
- Home Delivery. This service is currently only available for the Dominican Republic and the Philippines.
For domestic money transfers, funds are paid in cash only Office Pickup in all cases.
No, it doesn’t; however, this service is only available for the Dominican Republic and the Philippines.
When picking up a money transfer, in most countries, recipients will need the transaction number (CLAVE/FOLIO) that appears in the transaction receipt along with a valid local government-issued photo I.D. with their signature. Some countries just require a valid government ID to collect like Dominican Republic.
Transaction repairs are available if the funds have not been picked up or deposited into your beneficiary’s account. Contact our Customer Service team for any corrections.
To avoid delays, we encourage you always to review the Pre Disclosure Agreement (PDS) to verify all the details before completing the money transfer transaction.
The cancelation confirmation process varies according to the country correspondent. Typically, cancelations are confirmed within an hour or less.
There are no additional fees for changes or cancellations.
You will be provided with your refund once we have received confirmation from the Correspondent in the destination country that the transaction was successfully canceled. This is typically within a few hours or the next business day.
Funds availability varies by country and the selected delivery method. It can take up to one business day; however, transfers are usually available within minutes.
Please be aware that those certain events that can slow down the process, such as:
- Schedules of processing the network
- Additional information required by compliance, by the recipient’s bank or by the financial institution.
- Branch location business hours, delivery hours, and holidays
- Errors on your recipient details
For specific delivery times and availability, please contact our Customer Service team at 1-888-246-2527