The power of social media is a tool that, if used correctly, brings us several benefits as individual users and as a company.
Social Media is here to stay and is now deep-rooted in our lives, regardless of gender, age, or ethnicity. It is used in ways that shape politics, business, innovation, our personal lives, and much more. Social Media provides an easy platform where organizations and individuals share news, opinions, and keep in contact effortlessly regardless of the distance.
Social Media has unique characteristics when compared to traditional media, like television, radio, and newspapers. What’s different is that it connects the publisher bilaterally to the audience and the speed at which the contents are publishedand potentially to a global audience.
DolEx is growing, and therefore in the process of adopting and making use of the latest digital technologies, we believe that Social Media is a powerful tool that, if used correctly, brings us several benefits as individual users and as a company.
We also think that using Social Media comes with responsibility and accountability; because of its ease of use, is a common assumption that users are free to publish any content like posts, comments, likes, shares, and tweets. Please keep in mind that all content posted on social media is subject to different regulations, such as intellectual property and privacy laws, as well as DolEx’s internal policy. Just be careful what you post!
With that in mind, we want to share with you some insights about DolEx’s Social Media initiatives that we have been working on for the past few months.
- DolEx has active Social Media profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
- Hundreds of customers learn about DolEx online; every month, we acquire hundreds of new customers for our loan products by advertising on Facebook. We generated over 1,000 new loans from Facebook last month!
- We recently started our employee showcase campaign on LinkedIn; we are welcoming and recognizing our employees for noteworthy accomplishments.
- Every month, more than 850K customers find our retail locations on Google, and more than 120K users use Google Maps to drive to our stores.
- We are actively posting multiple job openings on LinkedIn and Facebook; we have several online applications every month.
- We have a Social Customer Care team that monitors our accounts and helps consumers that prefer to interact with us via Social Media.
DolEx is utilizing the power of Social Media to our benefit and to better serve our customers!
We wanted to share some company best practices when using Social Media:
- Think before you post: Without previous consent, don’t participate in social media or other online forums on behalf of DolEx.
- Know when to escalate: If anyone contacts you requesting information about DolEx, refer them to your immediate manager.
- DolEx confidential information: Do not publish any of DolEx’s private data, customer lists, or other information not generally available to the public.
- Write what you know: If officially representing DolEx, stick to your area of expertise.
- Be transparent: Use your real name, identify your employment with DolEx, and if necessary, be clear about your role.
- Add value: Build community by posting content that invites responses and stay engaged.
Please join DolEx on LinkedIn and Facebook and be part of our DolEx Social Media family.